July 31, 2018
Japanese Bankers Association
The statistics, which are compiled in close cooperation with market participants, aim at showing the market situation of loans syndicated and loans transferred.
They had been released by the Bank of Japan since December 2003. JBA started to release them from the end of July 2008 (data during April-June 2008).
The statistics released include the following items.
- 1.Loans syndicated (primary): number of deals, amount and amount outstanding*.
- Term loans
- Commitment lines
- 2.Loans transferred (secondary): number of transactions and amount.
- Performing loans transferred
・Sale (to financial institutions/special purpose companies[SPCs])
- Nonperforming loans transferred
(2) Frequency of release
The statistics are released on a quarterly basis.
The statistics are compiled in the month following each quarter and released on the last business day of that month (i.e. January, April, July, and October).
(3) Reporting institutions
City banks, trust banks, regional banks, regional banks II, Shinsei Bank and Aozora Bank (a total 115 banks) as of June 29, 2018.
* Figures for public/listed and private companies are also released.
(1) Timing of release
The statistics are released on the last business day of January, April, July, and October.
JBAs Web Site