The JBA has set the following environmental targets to promote the banking community's efforts relating to various environmental issues.
[Carbon neutrality action plan]
- To reduce power consumption units (power consumption/total floor area) in FY2030 by 19.0% compared with FY2009.
[Long-term targets to mitigate global warming]
- To promote initiatives for mitigation of global warming consistent with national targets throughout the banking community, in order to contribute to the realization of a sustainable society.
To continue member banks’ efforts to set up organizational structure for the achievement of a sound material-cycle society, and to continue reduction of the volume of waste by facilitating paperless, the JBA set various targets to increase ratio of the below-mentioned.
- An increase in the paper recycling rate of 90% or more in FY2025. ※
- An increase in the purchase rate of recycled paper and eco-friendly paper to 75% or more in FY2025. ※
- An increase in the number of member banks who provide deposit products with paperless passbook to 80% or more in FY2025.
The total of headquarter/head office and system centers, operating centers. In case of eco-friendly paper, papers considering sustainability of forest resources by thinned wood mark or PEFC and/or FSC certification attached.
- To attain by FY2030, a 100% ratio of member banks practicing garbage separation of used PET bottles.
- To attain by FY2030, a 100% ratio of member banks implementing measures to reduce marine plastic waste, such as cleaning activities.
- To practice efficient use of resources and to reduce waste throughout the banking community.
- To actively support, throughout the banking community, companies that engage in activities to reduce plastics wastes that are in line with the government policy.